Welcome to Check Your Mode

The all-inclusive, ever-changing, and uncomfortably flexible guide to all things music in the 2010's.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Body - All The Waters of the Earth Turn to Blood: C+



There is a certain point where even I can't appreciate an album for being so ridiculously far off the radar. Not many albums have had this effect on me, but you are reading my review of one that has, and I can't really shove my head far enough up my ass or pretensify myself enough to pretend that I can find a single redeeming quality in this album worth noting.


But hey, maybe it's just me. Maybe you like being screamed at for long periods of time over nonsensical guitar nothingness. Then, hey, fuck me, right? I'm the fool.


But yeah, right around the final song, when you realize that this album is just the repetition of one maddeningly dense formula or perhaps the third track, when you realize that those random incantations are just a foil for more screaming and droning guitars, I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but this is just mush. And to think they tricked me into it with such a beautiful choral arrangement at its beginning.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment