Welcome to Check Your Mode

The all-inclusive, ever-changing, and uncomfortably flexible guide to all things music in the 2010's.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Eels - Tomorrow Morning: B+



Come on, really? That gravelly voice, that dry humor, those cheesy pseudo hip-hop beats? I mean sure it sounds like Peter Gabriel's recent output and Spoon at times, but are we absolutely sure this isn't a Beck album? I mean, I don't know much about either Beck or Eels, but are we absolutely sure the latter isn't a side project of the former acted through some elaborate disguise? There's a song called "Spectacular Girl" for crying out loud, and I'm pretty sure Beck has a song called "Girl", too. Come on, the evidence is obvious and I refuse to believe that an artist would cop someone else's style so brazenly without them being the actual person, themselves. Regardless, it's still pretty good stuff.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment