Welcome to Check Your Mode

The all-inclusive, ever-changing, and uncomfortably flexible guide to all things music in the 2010's.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Infinite Body - Carve Out the Face of My God: F




The only way to gauge how truly awful Carve Out the Face of My God is is to see how long it takes for Infinite Body to release a new album, because if it isn't longer than 8 months, this album is going on my list of worst albums I have ever had the displeasure of hearing.

Every song on the album is literally comprised of these five steps:

1. Turn on recording device
2. Turn on amp
3. Wait 2-3 minutes
4. Turn off amp
5. Turn off recording device.

The only difference between songs is that the guy (Kyle Parker) uses a different amp or a different guitar, but the process is frustratingly unchanged. If I wanted to hear this kind of music, I would just show up early to hear the soundcheck at a Sonic Youth concert. The idea that Parker is trying to pass this off as good art is both laughable and insulting.


If you gave me a guitar, an amp, and a mic, I could make thousands of Infinite Body albums in a month. Imagine this guy touring off this crock? Ha! I'd just as soon swallow a tuning fork than pay to see this guy flick a switch and walk offstage.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment