Welcome to Check Your Mode

The all-inclusive, ever-changing, and uncomfortably flexible guide to all things music in the 2010's.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Greatest Albums of 2011: #39: Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring for My Halo


The other day, I fell asleep at 5pm and woke up at 11pm. After that rest, I had this weird feeling in my stomach; like I was trying to throw something up that wouldn’t budge past my abdomen. It wasn’t painful, just unsettling; I didn’t feel well, but not bad enough to do anything about it other than wallow in my yuckiness. Queasy. That’s a good for it. Perhaps another would be the opposite of how I feel when listening to Smoke Ring For My Halo. Whatever I feel leave my stomach while listening to that album stays trapped behind my six-pack (heh), from which it clearly wants to be freed. I ended up drinking some ginger ale to remedy my situation, but listening to Smoke Ring for My Halo probably would’ve worked just as well. With the added bonus of hearing “Jesus Fever,” which is a really cool song. 

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment